How we get through weeks like this we sometimes don't know. We lost three very dear friends this week. Brave, Feten and Gertie were well loved at SASHA Farm by the staff, volunteers and their fellow horse and goat companions. This loss weighs very heavy on SASHA Farm. Our work will still go on but not without a certain emptiness being felt from this day forward. We now have a horse barn and goat barn that will no longer seem the same. Many of us bonded with these animals weekly and even daily. We looked for their faces when we'd go out each morning and night to feed them and cleanup their barns. They won't be looking up at us and that will feel so strange and that sense of emptiness will loom over us for awhile.
Brave was a former high prize winning race horse that went lame and was surrendered to our sanctuary. Feten was also a former race horse who sustained injuries and was turned over to a rescue only to be turned over a second time to SASHA Farm. Gertie came from an unfortunate circumstance where she was not cared for properly then surrendered to SASHA Farm.
We would like to thank Evan Mountain and Randall Christensen for choosing SASHA Farm to receive the proceeds from their fashion show at the Fred Estaire Dance Studio. Special thanks to Lynne Golodner for her help with this.
Stop by our booth, say hello and get your SASHA Farm merchandise! VegFest 2014 will be a fabulous day to explore local vegan businesses, hear great guest speakers and meet with animal rescue organizations. http://vegmichigan.org/activities/vegfest/
May 10th, 2015
Guided Tours and Bake Sale. More info soon!
Help Feed the Animals!
Donate with Paypal:
You can use the Paypal button below to use any major credit card, or an e-check or Paypal account if you have one. (You don't have to have a Paypal account to use a credit card through Paypal.)
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your donations are tax-deductible.
Recent blog posts
- Meatout is March 20th!
- Order Your Spring Gift Basket Today!
- “It’s horrible,” one veterinarian said, tossing the remains into a barrel to be dumped in a vast excavation called the dead pit.
- Menu Finalized for Valentine's Day Benefit Dinner for the Animals
- Valentine's Day Benefit Dinner for the Animals at The Lunch Room!
- SASHA Farm Co-Hosts a FREE Special Limited Screening Of An Award-Winning Documentary
- Disappointing News for Ducks and Geese. California’s Foie Gras Ban Was Overturned.
- Have you heard about Veganuary?
- Meet One of Our Newest Residents, Sherry!
- Happy New Year!