All farmed animals who live at SASHA Farm are available to be sponsored, and they are eagerly waiting to hear from YOU. Do you have a favorite? Or do you love them all? Check out our Facebook page to see pictures and videos of many of the animals or visit us at our upcoming Spring Social on May 12th to find that very special animal who really needs your love and compassion. You will also find some featured animals in the Meet the Animals tab on the website, with more to come – a work in progress.
Sponsorships are a great way to make that connection to the individuals at SASHA Farm, and through your sponsorship, you will learn about their stories, their unique personalities, and more about the species to which they belong. SASHA Sponsorships range from $100 for a Helping Hand Sponsorship to $1000 or more for a SASHA Star Sponsorship. Click HERE to learn all about the various sponsorship levels and the benefits of each.
Pictured above are five sweet pigs who arrived at SASHA Farm from North Carolina with lots of help from our friends. Before their rescue, these girls were in danger. They were considered too sick and tiny, unfit for consumer profit. They were sentenced to be gassed and left for dead. Luckily, some compassionate friends rescued them, and they were taken to Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge in North Carolina, where they were lovingly cared for until well enough to make their trip to Michigan. Now, the piglets are lively, happy, and stealing the hearts of everyone they meet. Three of the five still need one more thing to make their lives complete: a NAME!! Click HERE to sign up for a Pasture Partner or higher level sponsorship which comes with “Naming Rights”.
But if a Pasture Partner sponsorship is not in your current budget, don’t dismay. The Helping Hand sponsorship is a great way to start the process. Click HERE to start the sponsorship process. Don’t miss the wonderful experience of sponsoring a SASHA animal resident, and sponsorships make great gifts too!
Please direct sponsorship questions to email@example.com. We’ll answer email within a day, and we can normally put together your packet of sponsorship materials anywhere from 7 to 10 days.
Buy tickets HERE!
WHEN: Sunday February 17 from 6-8:30 pm to benefit our 300+ SASHA Farm animal residents.
WHERE: Detroit Street Filling Station, 300 Detroit Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
MENU: (100% delicious and vegan!)
- Oyster & Enoki Mushroom Calamari with Marinara
- Italian Chopped Salad with Housebaked Focaccia
- Eggplant Lasagna Rollup
- Tofu Ricotta & Lentil Filling, Topped with Marinara & Provolone Cheese
- Spinach & Roasted Garlic Risotto with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Italian Desserts from our Magical Bakery
- Coffee, tea, and water
- Wine, beer & cocktails + special unleaded (non-alcoholic) offerings and other drinks will be available for purchase
TICKETS: $75 per person, and there will only be 60 tickets available, so buy your tickets NOW! If you have special dietary needs or questions, please send an email to Bob Harvie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing you, in celebration of the SASHA Animal Residents.
PRODUCE VOLUNTEER POSITION:
We are looking for produce volunteers Saturday or Sunday mornings. Produce volunteer is known as the best volunteer position at the sanctuary. This is not an easy position, but the produce volunteers get the best form of gratitude -nuzzles and sloppy kisses from the animal residents! They look forward to seeing their produce volunteers, and they stand by the fences and voice their excitement very loudly.
The duties include retrieving produce at two Whole Foods Market Ann Arbor locations, maintaining a courteous and professional relationship with Whole Foods Market employees, delivering the produce to the sanctuary in Manchester, chopping, sorting, and distributing the produce to the eagerly awaiting residents.
If you are 18 years old or older, and are reliable, courteous, strong, and have a vehicle large enough to transport large amounts of produce, you may be our person!
Please be realistic about your availability and willingness, as this position takes time, dedication and commitment.
A few important notes:
- All SASHA Farm Animal Sanctuary volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- We are looking for Sunday volunteers for the produce position at this time but would love to hear if you are available for this position on other days.
- Training is done at Whole Foods Market and at the sanctuary.
- Whole Foods Market is very generous to our animal residents and we want to maintain our good relationship with them, so professionalism and courtesy are extremely important to us.
- Whole Foods Market requests that produce pickups be done between the hours of 8am – 11am.
- It can take anywhere from 20-60 minutes for store pickups.
- The produce can be heavy so the volunteer must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Depending on the amount of produce donated, it can take 4-6 hours to sort and distribute the produce.
- Flexibility to switch with a produce volunteer on another day is available.
- The produce volunteers report directly to Suzy, the Produce Distribution Manager, who now reports to Bhima, big boss of ALL.
If you are interested in becoming a produce volunteer or learning more about the position, please email email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:
•Tuesdays, Opening Volunteer – 9:30am – 2:00pm. The volunteer should be able to lift 50 lbs, and be 18 years old or older. If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cat Barn: Love cats? Volunteers 18 and over are needed! SASHA Farm needs your help caring for our sweet cats. Shifts are once a week for a minimum of 3 hours, but we would love to have you stay longer! Our volunteers clean, wash floors, do laundry, scoop litter, and feed the cat residents. Please email Darcy at email@example.com or Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.