Do you have a few hours available on a weekly basis? We are looking for responsible, dedicated people who are 18 years of age or older and can help with daily sanctuary operations. These volunteers will do mostly barn cleaning, but this type of quiet time with the animals is really the best way for you to get to know them, and more importantly from their perspective, for them to get to know you. Consistency is very important to the animals’ well-being, and those volunteers who prove themselves to be consistent will also be trained to feed the animals and do more extensive animal care.
If you’re interested in becoming a weekly volunteer, contact us and tell us a little about yourself and your availability. Currently, we need the most help on weekdays and weeknights. You may also call (734) 428-9617 for more information. If your availability matches our needs, we will contact you as soon as we can.
Cat HousekeepingMaybe caring for big animals like cows or horses is a little daunting to you, but you don’t mind scooping litter boxes once a week. It takes about three hours a day to do the cat chores, but we promise it’ll give you a week’s worth of joy! Choose one day a week and you’ll truly make a difference in their lives. If you are interested in volunteering in our cat barn, please email Lynn or call Dorothy at (734) 428-9617.
We also need volunteers in the following areas
- Building maintenance and improvement
- Equipment repair
- Grant writing
- IT support
- Land maintenance and improvement
- Law (animal, environmental, etc)
- Media (print, digital, social, etc)
- Veterinary care services
- Website design and maintenance
General Volunteer Information
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteering at SASHA Farm involves working on natural terrain, often in an unpredictable environment. Volunteers often use equipment and tools that could be dangerous if used in an inappropriate manner. Therefore, volunteers who choose to give their time and skills must relinquish SASHA Farm and the owners of the property from any and all liability should accident or injury result from volunteer activities by signing a liability waiver before beginning work of any kind.
- Please be realistic about your ability to commit your time. Before contacting us, consider your commitments to work, school, family, etc. Also see how far you’ll have to travel to get to the sanctuary and consider things like the weather, your transportation, and any upcoming changes in your schedule. While we understand that some obstacles are unforeseen, the animals still depend on the consistency of our volunteers. We care for almost 300 animals 365 days a year so what we do is a big job and volunteers are an important part of that.
- Let us know if you have other skills or talents that may benefit the sanctuary either on-site or off-site.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.