SASHA Farm is hiring a part-time administrative assistant to work on-site at the sanctuary and to help with day-to-day administrative operations. This position cannot be done remotely. Below you’ll find a detailed job description.
If you’re interested, please provide a cover letter and resume to the SASHA Farm Director, Dorothy Davies, at email@example.com. Your cover letter should speak to your relevant volunteer or work experience as well as how you exemplify our mission to care for and promote the rights of animals. This position will remain open until filled but we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Areas of Responsibility
Social Media, website and newsletter
- Write articles and coordinate the publication and mailing of electronic newsletters
- Add contact information to e-newsletter list and postal mailing list as necessary. This includes volunteers, donors, event attendees and those who inquire about the sanctuary
- Work with the Website Manager to write blogs and Facebook and other social media postings. Respond to posts on SASHA’s social media as necessary
Communication with the public
- Respond to e-mails and phone calls promptly. The Director and/or Board should be notified of relevant responses either in person or by e-mailed copies of responses. Matters concerning sponsorships may be forwarded to the Sponsorship Coordinator and memberships to the Membership Coordinator
Communication with volunteers, staff and Board
- Respond to any questions coming from volunteers or staff regarding forms and other internal sanctuary information and, if necessary, retrieve the information or documentation requested. Will direct questions regarding other issues to the appropriate Staff/ Board Member or volunteer as needed
- Work with Animal Care Associate to prepare a weekly Volunteer Announcement email with appropriate sanctuary and animal care updates. Announcements should be stored in the office and copies should be placed in the Animal Care Log in the People Barn
- Maintain files and contact information for all active volunteers
- Update the Volunteer Handbook and other related forms as necessary and keep copies stocked in the People Barn for new volunteers
- Propose topics to Staff/Board for discussion at monthly Board meetings as necessary
- Maintain intake documents for new animal residents as well as animal residents who have passed away or have been adopted to an outside individual or sanctuary/rescue
- Work with the Board to facilitate the planning and organization of events as assigned. This may include creating and organizing materials, participating in planning, advertising, press releases, newsletters and blog postings, replying to e-mail and phone questions, organizing volunteers, managing merchandise for sale at the event etc.
- May support the Director and the Chairman of the Board to help with tours in various capacities
- May be asked to participate in the creation and distribution of media such as brochures, posters, event signs and flyers etc. for events and other matters
- May be asked to create and organize materials and displays for tabling and events under direction of the Director/Board
- In consultation with the Board Treasurer, keep an organized inventory of items for sale and fulfill and package orders for shipment in a timely fashion
- Working under the direction of the Treasurer, facilitate the solicitation of monetary, in-kind and service donations
- Acknowledge receipt of monetary and in-kind donations through PayPal, PayPal Giving and other mediums with hand written notes or template driven acknowledgement letters
- As directed by the Treasurer, may enter new donations into Quickbooks, confirm addresses, and prepare bank deposits
- Work with Director, Treasurer and Accountant on financial reporting as assigned
- Categorize receipts and send to accountant monthly
- Submit qualification information as required to intermediary charitable organizations such as iGive, Benevity, etc.
- May research and submit grant proposals as requested
- Housekeeping of the office – vacuum, clean surfaces, recycle and empty trash as needed
- Check People Barn regularly to ensure forms and supplies are in supply, including liability agreements, confidentiality agreements, paper supplies such as paper towels and toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, hand soap, first aid supplies, etc.
- Assist Director or her designee with other tasks as requested
- May be asked to assist with animal care in emergencies
- May be asked to pick up mail at the P.O. box at the local post office or at the sanctuary