PRODUCE VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Produce volunteer is known as the best volunteer position at the sanctuary. This is not an easy position, but the produce volunteers get the best form of gratitude -nuzzles and sloppy kisses from the animal residents! They look forward to seeing their produce volunteers, and they stand by the fences and voice their excitement very loudly.
The duties include retrieving produce at two Whole Foods Market Ann Arbor locations, maintaining a courteous and professional relationship with Whole Foods Market employees, delivering the produce to the sanctuary in Manchester, chopping, sorting, and distributing the produce to the eagerly awaiting residents.
If you are 18 years old or older, and are reliable, courteous, strong, and have a vehicle large enough to transport large amounts of produce, you may be our person!
Please be realistic about your availability and willingness, as this position takes time, dedication and commitment.
A few important notes:
- All SASHA Farm Animal Sanctuary volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- We are looking for Sunday volunteers for the produce position at this time but would love to hear if you are available for this position on other days.
- Training is done at Whole Foods Market and at the sanctuary.
- Whole Foods Market is very generous to our animal residents and we want to maintain our good relationship with them, so professionalism and courtesy are extremely important to us.
- Whole Foods Market requests that produce pickups be done between the hours of 8am – 11am.
- It can take anywhere from 20-60 minutes for store pickups.
- The produce can be heavy so the volunteer must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Depending on the amount of produce donated, it can take 4-6 hours to sort and distribute the produce.
- Flexibility to switch with a produce volunteer on another day is available.
- The produce volunteers report directly to Suzy, the Produce Distribution Manager, who now reports to Bhima, big boss of ALL.
If you are interested in becoming a produce volunteer or learning more about the position, please email email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER POSITIONS:
Wednesday Evenings: We are currently looking for a volunteer who can commit to every Wednesday evening to close (approx 6-9 pm) The shift is usually 2-3 hours long. The volunteer should be able to lift 50 lbs, and be 18 years old or older. If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cat Barn: Love cats? Volunteers 18 and over are needed! SASHA Farm needs your help caring for 12 sweet cats. Shifts are once a week for a minimum of 3 hours, but we would love to have you stay longer! Our volunteers clean, wash floors, do laundry, scoop litter, and feed the cat residents. Please email Darcy at email@example.com or Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.